 2015 Native Slayer Propel

Johnny Rocket

 2015 Native Slayer Propel

Post by Johnny Rocket » Wed May 01, 2019 10:16 am

I purchased this kayak used in 2017. The propel system is fantastic, allowing for instant forward and reverse. With the standard rudder the turning radius and responsiveness is not that great. Starboard turns are lazy turns and can take quite awhile to complete a circle, comparatively turns to port are much quicker and a significantly smaller in circumference than starboard turns. Tracking while underway is acceptable, but if you turn loose of the rudder control for any period of time, your rudder will turn to one side or the other causing you to have to make a correction. The kayak is fast and stable when sitting, but standing in it will take you some serious practice. There are plenty of rails for equipment and with the forward and rear storage areas it makes for a great camping kayak. I have had my kayak in the bay and BTB, under choppy circumstances and it performed well. Fighting and landing fish is a simple matter with the propel system, although when landing big King Mackerel I advise lifting the propel drive out of the water. Huge Kings can get caught on the system and "Poof" they're gone. The propel system makes it a breeze to fish around bridges, docks and Grass Beds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Kayak Reviews”